Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pumpkin has been sick

Wow, this has not been a good couple of days. She had a 104 degree fever on Thursday night and 101-102 on Friday. I thought she just had a cold so I didn't take her to the Dr. on Friday. Big mistake, she woke up on Saturday with croup. She has been absolutely miserable. My poor parents came up on Friday afternoon and they got about 4-5 hours of somewhat nice Pumpkin, before sick, cranky "I only want Momma to look at me and no one else to even glance at me" Pumpkin emerged. I took her to the Pediatrician on Saturday morning and she had croup and bronchitis. Then on Monday she got diarrhea on top of everything else, I don't know if that was part of her sickness or a reaction to the antibiotic.
Granddad went home Sunday but Grandma stayed on. She is going home today and of course, Pumpkin is feeling slightly better - i.e. she is somewhat tolerable to be around. She is now not throwing a fit when Grandma looks at her. Poor Grandma!

Add this on top of her sleep issues, it has not been a pleasant week. I don't think I've posted anything about our sleep challenges of the last month. I'll leave that for another post.

1 comment:

  1. Don't listen to that Mommy! Pumpkin is pure joy just to be around, even if she doesn't want anyone to look at her. Of course, maybe Gram is prejudiced. Her vocabulary and her understanding is amazing. I'm thankful for the time with her even if it has been from across the room. Of course it is nice to be with her parents, too!

    ReplyDelete