Here is Pumpkin waiting (somewhat patiently) for her morning meal.
Look at those rosy cheeks, too much sun.
Pumpkin and her cousin, L. They love each other so much.
The morning of E & D's party, we all went to Lamberts for lunch. Look at those plates Auntie T, Uncle N and the kids got. Ok, those are the size plates EVERYONE got, a ton of food!
Now on to Pumpkin's actual birthday party. It was a Dr. Seuss theme, I guess D was a little too old for Dr. Seuss, but he got his own cake so I think he was ok with it! I cut up an old Dr. seuss book into triangles, and then sewed it together to make banners. I also made tissue paper poofs, I love those, they reminded me of Dr. Seuss trees. This is the dessert table. Thanks to my Mom and sis-in-law, S, for helping make all those cute desserts! Mom and S dipped all these marshmallows on sticks into blue icing and then dropped white mints on them, too cute!
Closer look.
Food table with more poofs
Pumpkin in her Cat in the hat outfit I posted about earlier.
Daddy and his girl
I found the ideas for these cupcakes online. They were red velvet in red cupcake liners with white icing and then blue cotton candy on top to look like Thing one and Thing two. They turned out really cute, but they didn't last long. The cotton candy melts within an hour after coming in contact with the icing so we did those at the last minute. I got the Thing One cupcake decorations from this Etsy site (http://www.etsy.com/shop/catlady64?ref=pr_shop). She sells all kinds of cute images and she was great to work with, I had her make the circles bigger so they would show up better on the cupcakes.
D was turning 12.
Pumpkin cried during "Happy Birthday", it scared her a little
D is not too old to dress up goofy with his cousin!



No comments:
Post a Comment