Sunday, February 12, 2012

37 weeks

I've made it to 37 weeks, only 2 more weeks until my c-section is scheduled on February 27th.  I'm pretty uncomfortable and can't move around too much because of hip and back pain.  It will be worth it to see his little face, but I do look forward to being able to turn over in bed without feeling like a beached whale.  At my Dr. appointment last week there were no signs of labor, no dilation, etc.  My pastors wife was sure I wouldn't make it through the week and she says surely it will happen this week.  She doesn't know how stubborn my family can be.  Pumpkin was 12 days late, I don't know why this one would want to come out any earlier.  But, he has been served his eviction notice so his time in there is limited.  He is still a busy boy, especially in the late evening.  He keeps us entertained with his gymnastic movements just like his big sister did.


A couple weeks ago, a friend of ours at church threw us a baby shower.  Unfortunately, A and Pumpkin didn't get to go as she spent a couple hours in the emergency room the night before with croup.    She is fine, but she had to have some breathing treatments and some steroids while at the hospital.  She is a croupy girl, it seems to go straight to croup when she gets a virus so I usually keep medicine at home, but had used the last of it over Christmas while we were at Auntie T's and Uncle N's.  Anyway, I now have a refillable prescription for the meds so we hopefully won't end up in the emergency room again.  Here is a picture of the cake topper.  It just cracked me up and I keep it by my sink and it makes me smile (it's made of some kind of plastic - not sugar).  Mmmm, the cake was very tasty, too.  

2 comments:

  1. Two weeks until we get to hold another one of God's miracles. We are so excited and amazed at his goodness to our family! Thank you God! Can't wait to see Pumpkin with "little fellow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete