Monday, April 12, 2010
Birthday party photos
I saw this idea for a cake on a blog (http://cococakecupcakes.blogspot.com/2009/03/hungry-caterpillar-cupcake-party-train.html) and fell in love with it and decided I had to have a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" party. My mom and I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. the night before the party icing the cakes. It was our first time to use fondant and it turned out pretty well. You probably can't tell in this picture but the green cupcakes were a greeny yellowy swirl, kind of fluorescent. We had fun mixing the icing! Mom also made a bunch of cute little flowers to put on the top of the extra cupcakes. Thanks Mom!! The feet, antenna and nose were made out of black licorice and the eyes were made out of candy.
Me and Pumpkin with the cake. We had the party at a local park with a great playground. It was swamped with kids playing soccer, we had a hard time finding parking spots.
Pumpkin eating her cupcake. I made her cupcake out of a organic mix, it was nut-free, egg-free and milk-free. A says they were taste-free as well! Actually, they were pretty tasty! She was pretty delicate, it took her a while to get going and she didn't like the icing.
Pumpkin with Great-grandpa and Great grandma.
Pumpkin with her cousin, M. I made M a skirt to match Pumpkins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment