Here are a couple of things I've been working on. The first is a tunic for Pumpkin made out of a man's t-shirt/undershirt. It's called a beachcomber dress, too bad we're not close to a beach!

Pumpkin modeling it. It's a little too short to wear by itself. I used a boys x-large shirt I found at a garage sale for .25, if I had used one of A's, it probably would have worked as a dress.

Back view. It was really easy to make. I got the tutorial from here:
Guest Blogger ~Ruffles and Stuff~.

The next thing I made was from 2 beach towels. Okay, I made one and my Mom made the other. Thank goodness she was here, I don't think I could have gotten both done before we left to go to Branson for A's family reunion.

Mommy and Baby matching cover-ups. I used elastic thread which is a lot of fun to use, although it took 30 rows of elastic thread to shir the top part. Thankfully, Pumpkin's didn't take nearly that much. They were very simple, especially mine, just sew 30 rows of elastic thread, spray it with water and watch it shir up, then sew the edges together and sew on straps. I just used the seams on the towels, no hemming! Pumpkin's had to be cut out, but it was still easy. I used this tutorial:
Beach Towel Dress. I even used the same towel as she did. This is one of my favorite blogs, she is so creative. I've even bought 2 of her patterns.

I've been working on more sewing projects, I'll try to get them posted soon. I do these refashioning projects and then always seem to forget to photograph the "before" parts. I have a new post on Pumpkin I'm hoping to post in a day or two. I won't say what it is about but you can probably guess which milestone she has hit.
No comments:
Post a Comment