Monday, February 20, 2012

38 Weeks

Oh dear, I'm big.   Lots of contractions here, last night they just kept coming and I thought I might be headed to the hospital eventually, but once I laid down they went away.  I guess we are about ready for Jellybean to get here.  Most of the bags have been packed except for last minute stuff, I have a list of at least 4 people I can call to watch Pumpkin until Granddad and Grandma get here and I've got all his clothes washed.  Doesn't seem like he will be here next Monday, but I guess it will happen one way or another.   Still got a lot of back and hip pain.  As the Dr. said last week, "he is just laying on your spine".  She also thinks a lot of the pain is from the fact that he is big.  I told her I was hoping he would weigh less than Pumpkin (9 lbs 1 oz) and she basically said she thought he would be bigger.  Oh great, I'm giving birth to a toddler!!  At least my platelets are going back up.  I have the same issue this time as last time in that when I'm pregnant, my platelets go down and once I deliver they go back up to normal.  It is not life threatening, but if they go too low, since I am having a c-section the anesthesiologists won't do the surgery without knocking me out.   They were almost to that point a week ago, but we got the prayer warriors going and the numbers are doing better.  I will be checked again this week and hopefully I will be out of danger of sleeping through my son's birth.

1 comment:

  1. Almost time to rename the blog! Of course that is only one small change that is about to happen to your family. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete