Ok, so it is probably not the world's largest moth, but it is pretty close. "A" was mowing last night and saw it and brought it to the house so I could see it. It was pretty cool, I have no idea what it is, does anybody have a clue?
Unfortunately, you have killed one of the rarest moths in North America. It is known as the San Fran Cisco Moth. What ever you do, don't touch it with your bare skin, it is extremely poisonous. This is actually smaller than the ones I have seen on my trips to Nothern California, so don't be to suprised if larger versions of the moth start to show up. You might want to keep the baby indoors, because these things can have a wing span of 8 or 9 feet and weigh up to 85 pounds. I wouldn't be to alarmed, but you do need to move immediatly! I suggest going southeast, oh, I don't know, 4 or 5 hundred miles would probably do. Hey, wouldn't be crazy if we ended up neighbors?
Just to let you know, we did not kill the moth, I released it back into the wild after realizing what a rare find we had. And of course I didn't touch it with my bare hands! Didn't you see the special gloves I'm wearing? Those are rated to handle factor 5 nuclear material, so I think I will not have any negative side effects... (Of course I do have that facial tick now...)
Great to see you are following my wife's blog Tom! :-) (You only thought you were anonymous)
Unfortunately, you have killed one of the rarest moths in North America. It is known as the San Fran Cisco Moth. What ever you do, don't touch it with your bare skin, it is extremely poisonous. This is actually smaller than the ones I have seen on my trips to Nothern California, so don't be to suprised if larger versions of the moth start to show up. You might want to keep the baby indoors, because these things can have a wing span of 8 or 9 feet and weigh up to 85 pounds. I wouldn't be to alarmed, but you do need to move immediatly! I suggest going southeast, oh, I don't know, 4 or 5 hundred miles would probably do. Hey, wouldn't be crazy if we ended up neighbors?
ReplyDeleteJust to let you know, we did not kill the moth, I released it back into the wild after realizing what a rare find we had. And of course I didn't touch it with my bare hands! Didn't you see the special gloves I'm wearing? Those are rated to handle factor 5 nuclear material, so I think I will not have any negative side effects... (Of course I do have that facial tick now...)
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you are following my wife's blog Tom! :-) (You only thought you were anonymous)
"A"