Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My latest sewing project

So, I've been hearing a lot about refashioning clothing lately and thought it sounded like fun. For those of you who have never heard of it, it's where you take a piece of clothing you no longer want (like a man's shirt) and turn it into something else (like an apron). I decided I could do it if other people could. I think the big resurgence of refashioning is kind of funny because people used to do it all the time. Anyway, I took a sleeveless maternity top someone gave me that I didn't wear often because I was hugely pregnant in the winter and didn't get to wear summery clothes much. However, I loved the fabric and the color. So I took this top . . .
and made this . . . . . .








It turned out really cute even though it took quite a while. The tutorial I followed said it would take 30-45 minutes but I had to rip out seams and darts and then resew to get strait seams so it took a LOT longer. Anyway, I made it a little big so it should fit Pumpkin all summer. I'm pretty proud of it and am already thinking of other things I can refashion.

1 comment: