Monday, March 30, 2009

9 pound baby, anyone?

Just got back from the Dr. office. The good news is that it is a girl (my good friend from church had a dream that it was a boy) and she is healthy and has plenty of amniotic fluid. The not-so-happy news is that she is measuring at 9 pounds (the Dr. says that figure could go 20% either way). The ultrasound tech said her head appeared to be a normal size, not measuring too big. Also, I am still only 1 cm dilated and only about 80% effaced. I go back on Thursday for a non-stress test to make sure the baby is still doing ok and then if I haven't had her by Monday then I will have another non-stress test and then will see the Dr. to get checked again and discuss options.

I just got off the phone with my doula (birth coach) and she was very encouraging that I am moving in the right direction and just because the ultrasound says 9 pounds, she could be up to 2 pounds less.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I got up thinking about you today. You must have a very open minded OB. Mine would have wanted to induce a week ago. I am happy for you that your dr. is letting your body move in the right direction, as the doula says. Just try to stay comfortable; the baby will come out. I know you are ready, but hang in there!

    Your cousin, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby girl will have long enough fingernails to paint! Craigon was a few days late and had long fingernails. Right before my water started leaking, I powerwalked, wearing out J and the Lab. Oh, Lucy! Thanks so much for the updates! I'm so excited for you and Aaron! Sounds like you have a great OB and doula, too!

    ReplyDelete