1. I heard back from my doctor's office about my platelets. They have gone from 102 to 114. For those of you who have no idea of what I'm talking about, I have been seeing a blood Dr. because my platelet counts have been fluctuating below normal, which could have consequences during delivery (i.e. I might not be able to have an epidural if I wanted it because of the risk of bleeding). Anyway, 102 was the lowest I have ever been so I was very pleased to hear it is rising again. Anything over 100 should not cause any issues and this whole thing should go away after the baby is born. Please keep praying that they will continue to rise and it will not be a factor during labor.
2. I wanted to clarify my request for anonymity. I was actually just referring to us, not anybody else. I have no problem with people using their first names in comments (in fact, I would love it because I have had a little trouble figuring out who is actually leaving comments as there are several people with the same initials). Sorry if I was being confusing or unclear, you can email me if you have any questions.
Finally, a picture of our dog, Lucy. This was taken during our new car hunt. We had a mini cooper and we had planned to keep it until we found out that a car seat would fit, but the car seat and I both wouldn't fit on the passenger side. I was squished up against the dashboard with about an inch to spare, not very comfy, let me tell you. Anyway, we thought maybe we could get a mini clubman (slightly longer than a regular mini cooper and with an extra door) which had tons of room for the car seat AND me, but Lucy was another story (+ baby gear + baby stroller, etc.). This picture is from when I took her to the dealership with me and had her try to fit in the trunk. She could fit, but she couldn't turn around or basically move. Believe me, we loved our mini cooper and hated to get rid of it, but in the end we got a small SUV that has plenty of room for Lucy + baby + baby gear + dad + mom. Lucy even approves!
Lucy reminds me of Nana in Peter Pan ;)
ReplyDeleteTalked to jr today and he has a cat - named Lucy - maybe Pumpkin is supposed to be Mira Lucy ... I'll let you know if I come up with anything better. :)))
I've commented many times (last night even) that Lucy reminds me of Nana as well. I told Lucy last night though that if Captian Hook does stops by, she had better do a better job than Nana did...
ReplyDeleteA
I don't know if Lucy would do anything if Captain Hook shows up, since she is completely clueless about the fact that there will be a baby showing up in the next couple of weeks. She is happily oblivious. Poor, poor dog.
ReplyDeleteAha...ok I see....well if your wondering JB is me...Jeanette =)
ReplyDeleteand glad to hear your platelets are on the rise!
Lucy is beautiful. Sorry you had to change cars but it's for a very good reason!