Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



Here is what I am thankful for this Mother's Day. This time last year I could not imagine that I would actually be a Mom! I am so thankful for "A" and especially Pumpkin. I got up to feed Pumpkin Sunday morning (12 a.m.) and there was two cards waiting for me, one from Pumpkin and one from "A". He had also blown up a picture of Pumpkin and I right after she was born and mounted it in this beautiful frame. Then I get to church Sunday morning and hear that a couple in our Sunday School class who have been waiting several years to adopt have had a baby boy placed with them! THEN they walk into Sunday School with him, what a blessing. God is so good!!!
It is hard because I remember how Mother's Day can be such a difficult day for a lot of people who are dealing with infertility. I still remember how I felt when mothers were recognized at church and I couldn't be included. But, I am so thankful that this year there are 2 women who don't have to feel that way ever again.

3 comments:

  1. Amen!

    (and I cannot get over how much older she seems in the carseat picture)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is growing!

    Happy Mother's Day....I cannot express how happy I am for you and I am glad this Mother's Day has a special meaning for you.

    Hug that baby for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm behind on reading your blog! What a few weeks of changes! I thought of you on Mother's Day! I was also so thankful when our pastor recognized all women and the roles they play in the lives of others. (That role of being aunt is special, too.) Happy Father's Day to A today!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete