Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yesterday

Went to see the lactation consultation yesterday again (still having issues). Pumpkin weighed 9 lbs 8 ozs. Woo hoo. Our little girl is growing pretty fast. I think she is going through a growth spurt as she is wanting to eat every couple of hours.
A little bit of the birth story:
I was scheduled to be at the hospital on Wednesday morning at 6:30 a.m. to be induced. Tuesday night around 5 or 6 p.m. we went to the grocery store and I started having contractions that I would have to stop and breathe through. By the time we got home I was having regular contractions that lasted about a minute each. Sometime that evening I called our doula, Heather, to let her know that I thought I was going into labor. I remember her saying that she knew I was only in early labor because I was still joking and laughing and that if I was in full labor, I would not be laughing! Heather suggested that we try to get some sleep so we went to bed around 9 or 10 p.m. I think I slept a little but I finally got up because the contractions were not letting me sleep. "A" and I timed the contractions off and on that evening and they were somewhat regular, but after I got up and we timed them some more, they were around 5 minutes apart so we called the hospital and they said to come in. I called Heather and we agreed to call her after we got to the hospital and settled in. We got to the hospital between 1 and 2 a.m. The drive was not too much fun as the road there has some pretty big bumps. When we got to the hospital, they put us directly into one of the rooms instead of going to triage since they knew even I would be in labor soon, one way or another. They checked me and I was still only 1-2 cm. dilated but I believe I was only dilated 80%. I know I was disappointed because I thought I had made progress with all those contractions that evening.
More later, I will need to get with "A" to verify what happened after that (in terms of when I started dilating, etc.). Besides, Pumpkin is throwing a proper hissy fit.

2 comments:

  1. That's my girl--she looks good in brown as well as pink and all the other girly colors.

    Thanks MUM for the new picture. Love, Grandmummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute outfit! She is certainly growing :) Thanks for the update and part of the birth story...can't wait to read the rest!

    hugs and kisses to little Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete