I just made these muffins and I have to say they are very moist and tasty, very fall-y. I didn't even burn the bottoms of them which is my trademark! I didn't have any allspice so I can't vouch for how they will taste with that added in, but my way is pretty good. Also, I used fresh pumpkin instead of canned, which is really hard to find in grocery stores now anyway.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS (from Taste of Home 2008 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes)
Prep: 15 min. Bake 20 min.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Dash ground allspice
1 egg
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup canned pumpkin
2/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Pumpkin and I went to a local pumpkin patch on Monday (I have some really cute pictures of her, will post after we get new computer) with a Mom's group from church and I got a pie pumpkin and several squash and I have been making and freezing baby food. I just gave her squash today (her first vegetable!!) and she seemed to like it. She didn't eat it all, but it was a good start. I did learn that it is better to take off her shirt first. She did fine until I removed the bib and cleaned her up, she was still spitting up squash all over herself for at least half an hour afterwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
can't wait to try it out - miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteAuntie T