Had my non-stress test this morning and Pumpkin did fine. She was a little sleepy so they used the buzzer again. She was not a happy camper! She put her feet in my ribs and proceeded to push as hard as she could, it hurt worse than any contraction I have had yet. But, it got the job done as she woke up and did what she was supposed to do.
Met with the Dr. and found out I am 1-2 cm dilated and about 90% effaced and she has dropped some more. Woo hoo, I'm happy with any progress at this point. They scheduled me for induction on Wednesday morning, we have to be there at 6:30 a.m. I'm still hoping to go into labor on my own, especially since I'm not sure what my platelet count will be on Wednesday. If they are too low, then I may not be able to have an epidural if I need one. I'm still planning on doing this thing naturally (without pain medications) if I can, regardless. So, please keep praying for a good platelet count AND for labor to start by itself AND a good labor AND most importantly, for a healthy Pumpkin.
I've got to go take a nap, I woke up about 4:45 a.m. this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm exhausted. I guess this is getting me ready for all hours feeding. Hopefully Pumpkin won't decide that her new favorite spot to rest her feet is my ribs, they are still sore!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No matter what - by Thursday you will be holding that precious girl in your arms - what an exciting thought!!! We will pray for all 3 of you. Rest up, momma.
ReplyDeleteThis anticipation is too much! Sounds like you're making progress. It's a good sign you're taking a nap; Pumpkin's getting ready to make an appearance. Cheering for you! Carla
ReplyDelete