Friday, September 18, 2009

Quick update

I know, I know, there are no new pictures!! I still haven't downloaded the software that came with my new camera. However, once I do, I have just seen the download video button on Blogger which looks super easy so that will be one of the first things I do. Anyway, Pumpkin is 16 pounds and I think she may be teething, there is a whole lot of drool at our house. She is laying on the floor right now sucking on a frog chime thing and looking at herself in a mirror. Well, she does that until either the cat or dog walk by and then she watches them until she can't see them anymore. She has really started to notice them. She slept 7 hours straight last night and I had to wake her up to feed her. Woo hoo!

I am taking an Italian class from our local school district extension office and it meets twice a week for 2 hours, meaning I miss her last feeding of the day. I went on Monday for the 1st class and A was going to feed her a bottle and then I would pump when I got home. Our first and second class got cancelled (I start next week) and it was a good thing because when I got home, A was trying to feed her and she was throwing a royal fit! She refused the bottle from him and me. She was screaming and choking (and not because she was getting too much milk, because she was mad). I ended up just breastfeeding her. I quickly emailed my breastfeeding support group ladies for advice and they recommended trying several different kind of bottles and nipples. I've been doing that and I think I found a winner today, I'll have A try it tonight or this weekend to see how she does with it for him. I was really stressing about it. I should have been doing this earlier, I know, but breastfeeding is just so much easier than doing bottles.

Anyway, I'm thinking about going to cloth diapers. I have the time for the extra laundry and I just hate throwing all those diapers away into the landfill. There is a cloth diaper store about 40 minutes away from our house and I went last weekend and it was really cool. These are not your mother's cloth diapers! Yes, she will have a slightly larger tush but there are so many cute diapers out with so many great options, I'm really excited about it. I've found some internet cloth diaper sites that will basically rent you a bunch of diapers for 14-21 days and then you send back what you don't want (or all of them if you hate it) and it only costs $10 (plus the cost of the diapers you keep). There are so many choices of diapers out there that there is no way I could just start buying them. Anyway, you just google "cloth diaper trial" and it will bring up a bunch of websites that do this (like Jillian's Drawers, Diaperdaisy, etc.). I'll keep you updated. Got to go, Pumpkin is getting squirmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment