Monday, September 28, 2009

Got my cloth diapers

Got a package on Friday and opened it up and here is what was in it. I got part of my diapers! My washing detergent finally came on Saturday. I've got more diapers coming hopefully next week because they were out of what I wanted.

So here is what I got. Top right hand corner (going clockwise) are traditional prefolds. These would be what we all probably wore as babies (well, if you are as old as me). But, no pins, you attach it with the purple snappie which hooks on the left and right side and in between the legs.

The yellow diaper is a Fuzzibunz size medium which will probably take her up to 25-30 pounds (I forget right now). The blue one is a Fuzzibunz one size which will go from newborn to toddler. The inside of these have the softest flannel material, feels very comfy.

The off-white is the gro-baby I have already blogged about.

The pink is a Bumgenius 3.0 which is one size and goes from 8-35 pounds. She wore that last night overnight and did not leak out, she slept 10 hours.

The white is a Bumgenius organic one-size all-in-one. All the others (except the prefolds) are pocket diapers which means you have microfiber inserts that you insert into the diaper. The all-in-ones have an attached insert. If you need more absorbancy, you can lay another insert on top, but otherwise all you have to do is wash and dry. I have heard that all-in-ones take longer to dry, I've got them outside drying now so we'll see. All-in-ones are pretty much fool proof and a lot of people use them if other people will be changing the diapers, like dads, grandparents, day-cares, etc. They're like disposables, but just made out of cloth. I put it on her this morning when she got up and fed her and she had a poopy diaper, and NO BLOWOUTS!! I'm soooooooo happy. I washed it just a little while ago, and there was nothing nasty left in the diaper after I took them out of the washer. I did have a bit of a stain on one of the microfiber inserts but I laid it in the sun and it has already been bleached out. How cool is that?


I took some pictures of Pumpkin last night trying out her new diapers, I'll post more later and also give you my thoughts on how these diapers work. I'm planning on keeping track of all these on my blog so I can decide which ones I want to keep. Hope you don't mind me using my blog as a diaper journal!! If anyone has any questions about cloth diapers, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment